Electrochemical Solutions for Environmental Remediation
Hydrogen, Energy and Electrochemical Cogeneration (eH)
Electrochemistry allows us to produce, recover and cogenerate hydrogen for the production of green energy.
Hydrogen production (e-H2H).
- The effluent enters the electrochemical hydrogen production system.
- The hydrogen produced goes to the hydrogen engine to generate electricity.
- The thermal energy generated (exhaust gases) in the engine is channelled to a Stirling engine to produce more electrical energy.
Energy recovery from waste heat and hydrogen production (e-HRH)
- Heat is captured from an emitting source (chimney, gas outlet) and directed to a Stirling engine (HTR1).
- Part of the electricity produced is for self-consumption or sale to the external grid.
- Another part of the generated kilowatts is used for the electrochemical production of hydrogen (e-HH).
- The hydrogen produced goes to a hydrogen engine or as fuel for self-consumption (reduction of gas consumption).
- The hydrogen engine generates electricity for self-consumption or sale.
- The heat from the exhaust gases of the hydrogen engine is channelled to a Stirling engine (HTR2) for the production of further electrical energy.
Stabilization of Biodigesters / Increase of methane and hydrogen cogeneration (e-BMH)
- Initial waste is crushed (if necessary) and preheated.
- Undergoes anaerobic digestion.
- Produces biogas for cogeneration or direct injection into gas line.
- Biogas production is increased and stabilized (T-1).
- Excess ammonia nitrogen is continuously extracted (T-2).
- The generated hydrogen, injected into the biogas line, is used to produce electricity (CO).
- The surplus heat generated in the CO is used to preheat the initial waste (sludge, slurry, etc.) and to dry the solid fraction obtained in the process.
- The water resulting from the T-2 treatment (high quality) can be reused in the installations themselves or discharged.
EONit®(CH4-H2) treatment: process diagram
If you are interested or would like more information about our products and services, please feel free to contact us.